Save money without sacrificing quality with our TWO-STEP backing process.
Our TWO-STEP backing is the solution you’ve been searching for! Created with our unique lamination technology, Summit International Flooring’s TWO-STEP backing provides clients with a cost-efficient option. Specifically, if they are looking to update their commercial areas with a colorful, more durable surface. In fact, our TWO-STEP backing is the ideal choice for high traffic commercial and retail areas, as it provides high traction and superior sound reduction. In other words, the TWO-STEP process is cost effective and innovative! To start, we take the color of your choice, and factory laminate it to a SBR (recycled rubber) backing. Afterwards, a waterjet cuts it to form pristine square edges.
This process allows you to have the flooring thickness you want while keeping to the budget you have set. For example, if you need an 8 mm thick floor, you could use a thin layer (4 mm) of EPDM and add a TWO-STEP backing of 4mm recycled rubber. As a result, this will be more cost effective than an 8 mm homogeneous floor all made of EPDM. Furthermore, the TWO-STEP backing can also save on adhesive and installation costs. In short, different thicknesses can be discussed with in order to determine what the right combination for your project is.
When is TWO-STEP the right product to offer?
• Cost savings are needed on a project, but color reduction is not an option.
• When commercial and sport projects require no glue installation
• When high color interlocking sport or commercial flooring is required, but budget is also a factor.
Which collections are offered with the TWO-STEP backing?
• High traction
• Stain resistant
• Sound reducing
• High recycled content
• Projects with access flooring systems
• Retail applications where thicker product is required because of rolling traffic
• Commercial fitness facilities where high color is preferred
• Residential fitness – high color at lower cost
• Corporate / Hospitality – fitness areas, staff break rooms
• LEED projects – high color with high recycled content