Fitnice flooring contributes to the WELL Building Standard, making it a healthier solution for all.
The WELL Building Standard® is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of the built environment that impact human health and wellbeing.
WELL is grounded in a body of medical research that explores the connection between the buildings where we spend more than 90% of our time, and the health and wellness impacts on us as occupants. With that in mind, they believe that buildings should be developed with people’s health and wellness at the center of design. Thus, the WELL Building Standard takes a holistic approach to health in the built environment addressing behavior, operations, and the overall design. Therefore, WELL Certified™ spaces can help create a built environment that improves the nutrition, fitness, mood, sleep patterns and performance of its occupants.
WELL measures attributes of buildings that impact occupant health by looking at seven factors, or concepts.
- Air: Optimize and achieve indoor air quality. Strategies include removal of airborne contaminants, prevention and purification.
- Water: Optimize water quality while promoting accessibility. Strategies include removal of contaminants through filtration and treatment, and strategic placement.
- Nourishment: Encourage healthy eating habits by providing occupants with healthier food choices, behavioral cues, and knowledge about nutrient quality.
- Light: Minimize disruption to the body’s circadian rhythm. Requirements for window performance and design, light output and lighting controls, and task-appropriate illumination levels are included to improve energy, mood and productivity.
- Fitness: Utilize building design technologies and knowledge-based strategies to encourage physical activity. Requirements are designed to provide numerous opportunities for activity and exertion, enabling occupants to accommodate fitness regimens within their daily schedule.
- Comfort: Create an indoor environment that is distraction-free, productive, and soothing. Solutions include design standards and recommendations, thermal and acoustic controllability, and policy implementation covering acoustic and thermal parameters that are known sources of discomfort.
- Mind: Support mental and emotional health, providing the occupant with regular feedback and knowledge about their environment through design elements, relaxation spaces, and state-of-the-art technology.
Fitnice flooring contributes to the WELL Certification in both the Air and Mind categories. These contributions are possible thanks to Fitnice's FloorScore® Certification, which demonstrates that their woven vinyl promotes good indoor air quality due to its anti-fungal activity. In addition, it is a product free of compounds such as phthalates, formaldehyde, halogens, or antimony trioxide.
For product samples, or to request a design binder, please visit our Fitnice Product Page.